Looking for something, are we?

Sunday, January 14, 2018

A rare blossom

As time ticks into steady eternity
Nary a beat missed, silent rhythm merciless
Chained to this hourglass, addling towards the horizon. 
Glorious effort, satisfied beads stream.
Look back at the footsteps 
Impressions in the sand, effervescent though,
A voice so familiar greets

"So long ago did we meet
At a junction many moons past.
Have you my answers yet?
Have you value for your heart?"

And as the cadence seems to slow,
Mirrors rotate, flashing images gallop.
As a bead settles on my eyelid
Blurry picture and many a hazy words
Focus into attention.
Unsettling calm in a din, miasma of sounds

"Old friend, how frail you've grown.
At the edge of the ocean where we did part.
Speak of your travails
And the wonders you sought!"

"Truth be told, as our salutations faded,
A door I opened faithful to promise. 
And walked along the presented path.
Where I sought rare blossoms
And murals of rare desire
Sculpt the clay placed on the turning wheel.
Seek the light of love and life.

But my eyes were seized, by the fiery leaves,
every one of which, float away with the wind. 
Fortuitous exodus to the drum beat, to every step of design.
And as I came upon a stop, 
Shimmering surface dark, gleaming edge on the path.
A sigh exhaled upon the cold waves.
Stilled waves a desert reveal
Whose bosom you tread
Facing down the sun, bearing shoulders spent. 

Shared agony beckoning, I touched the reflection
And here I stand, alongside you.
To hear of the blossoms you sought. "

As the bead races past the eye
Crystals of sand stand out, each one
As the words spoken, reverberate, refuse to dissipate. 
Build up to a crescendo and melt away the links.
With a piercing note, into a million shards,
the hourglass liberates itself.
Shield my eyes, let the tremors pass.
With a passing glimpse, I stand on an edge, unspoiled and frail.
Fecundity abound, its secrets unknown.
I take a step to assure my senses,
See a fading apparition - drags away with it a torturous sun. 

I tread a new oasis, Eden of promise.
And again seek rare blossoms. 





No comments:

Post a Comment